[STICKY]My Pic Of The Day

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Lockdown is going to kill me. Forty minutes in the gym then an 11 km walk from Sherbrooke to Cooks Corner and back through the forest.
]

Nice!
Didn't think of taking the camera along for yet another Doongalla walking loop.
Gate is closed at The Basin end, last week's storm has blown heaps of trees over, quite a few across the road. Much of it is cleared by now, but there are big pockets of sunlight now between the Dandenong Creek crossing and The Stables carpark turnoff. Still a couple of huge ones blocking the road, didn't faze the MTB'ers, they just carried their bikes over/ through all the debris.

It's nearly a clear view from the road right up the grassy patches to the Old Homestead steps.

Thanks for the reminder. Doongalla is within our 5 km radius so maybe there will have to be an accidental meet up there now we are stuck with another 6 weeks of solitary. One of my current neighbors has just brought a 10 acre block that is to the right as you go up the Dongalla road. He is talking about putting a small MX track in for his boys (I suspect so he can justify buying a Bob Cat) I’m suggesting it would be much better to put in Trials obstacles.
A Parks Vic ranger was having a bitch to me yesterday about Mountain Bikes they are out of control around the ranges. I suspect that some very heavy handed closures of tracks are coming and it’s all their own fault.

Last edited:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Thanks for the reminder. Doongalla is within our 5 km radius so maybe there will have to be an accidental meet up there now we are stuck with another 6 weeks of solitary.

WOT? Haven't heard/ seen the details of today's Grand Announcement yet.
But some accidental catch-up out there could well be on the cards...

No surprise about the MTBers...plenty of chopped up redneck downhill tracks all over, at least 4 between Camelia and Edgar Tracks alone.
Also the usual Maccas-wrappers and pleb-junk appearing due to the high numbers using the place now.

Yep. We have sunk to flower photos

50311180322_9c5783518e_b.jpg

Top Bottom