NZ Debrief_Goughs Bay Weekender

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Re: Sweet As, Bro!!...The Debrief... 4.+5.June, Goughs Bay Weekender

You don't even need gumboots to walk right across....or around the couple of bays to the bridge at Bonnie Doon.
No idea if there are any puddles left at Peppin Point....they've been draining this pond at a frightening rate.

Its a regular thing. Always has been. Lake Eildon was built to store and manage water for down stream of Eildon not for waterskiers and fisher people.

The water authority do have an certain knack for draining Lake Eildon just before prolonged periods of below average rain fall though....

Williamson

Part of the furniture

Its a regular thing. Always has been. Lake Eildon was built to store and manage water for down stream of Eildon not for waterskiers and fisher people.

The water authority do have an certain knack for draining Lake Eildon just before prolonged periods of below average rain fall though....

Helen and I commented that Eildon is the lowest we can remember.

John_Johnny

Long Timer

We ended up going to Bertallis Bakery in Mansfield. Wasn't very good really. Johnny found a bug on his pastie. It was cooked, so probably not much protein left. Willo convinced him the bug hadn't eaten much of the pastie so Johnny scoffed it down. Not much filling. Probably 10mm thick. Plus 30c for each sauce always gets my back up.
We took Jedi to the local park. There were lots of other dogs there and Jedi was pulling on his lead wanting to run off and sniff bums.
After the park we checked out the Mansfield Hotel with its fantastic beer garden. There is a massive tree in the middle but none of us could identify it.
Anyone been to this pub?

John_Johnny

Long Timer
I reckon it's a liquid amber.

Nope. Just searched the site a bit further. It's a Pin Oak. These are what I saw at the Bright Adventure Film Festival when we were walking the rail trail with Tracy and Karen. I have ordered 6 of them but they won't be ready until June 25. They are only 18 bucks each for 6ft bare rooted from Valley Trees on the Kyabram side of Shep.

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Nope. Just searched the site a bit further. It's a Pin Oak. These are what I saw at the Bright Adventure Film Festival when we were walking the rail trail with Tracy and Karen. I have ordered 6 of them but they won't be ready until June 25. They are only 18 bucks each for 6ft bare rooted from Valley Trees on the Kyabram side of Shep.

And I reckon that your Pin Oaks will reach a level of maturity to match the pub one by around 2116.

Col.

Just through the door

The Produce Store in Mansfield. Didn't try the sausage rolls because I'm just not hungry yet.

The luxurious accommodation. Miners cabin number 2.

Damn!!!!

I bloody checked that before I went inside. It seemed stable on the hard pebbles. While I was taking a photo of the room I heard a crash! Shoulda put a squashed can under it. Coulda woulda shouda. :looney::bang:

Hi John, hope all was well certainly was a wet weekend.
Cheers

John_Johnny

Long Timer

Hi John, hope all was well certainly was a wet weekend.
Cheers

Would have been great to have you and Lorraine there as well Col, but there will be plenty more coming up.
The BMW Club are having a rally at Kosciusko in October so keep an eye on this thread....
http://www.austouring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5908

When you're logged on, if you view a thread, you will see a little box at the top saying "Thread Tools".
If you click on it you can choose "Subscribe to this Thread".
Then you get an email whenever there are new posts on that particular thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom