OpenRoaders Longwood lunch...May

John_Johnny

Long Timer
.......which strangely seemed to be still at its normal 22psi, but servo gauges are always out by a mile, right?

I always keep an 'old school' VDO tyre pressure gauge under the seat. Surprisingly accurate.
It cost me an arm and a leg 30 years ago but I see they are on ebay for $27. Doesn't look quite the quality as mine but may be just as accurate? Mine has a steel nozzle and came in a leather pouch whereas the one on ebay has a plastic nozzel and vinyl pouch.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VDO-TYRE-PRESSURE-GAUGE-BRAND-NEW-/321446876389?

goodie

Sorry, guys and girls..... but I had to turn back yesterday - the KLR was just unrideable. Not knowing why it wouldn't go around bends (thought it might be a leaking fork seal or a slow flat), I thought it best going home. Glad, I caught Pete corner marking so I could explain my situation.
Under the circumstances Pete decided to ride the bike home for me and so he missed out on the ride as well...
Hope to see you all next time!!!

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
I always keep an 'old school' VDO tyre pressure gauge under the seat. Surprisingly accurate.
]

Mate...I was trying to convince myself of a slow leak, some nail/ glass, a standard explanation and fix...grab the Husky, beam up to Longwood, hand over the XT parts to Willo, the fork seal savers to Eivind, catch up with everyone, skid through some newly-discovered gravel on the way home with the boyz/girlz....etc.

Got a gauge under the seat but couldn't bother, it just felt too much like a flat that needed to be fixed regardless of what pressure remained... W-)
And there was an outside chance of some shitty headstock bearings, crapped-out suspension etc etc.

a86

Getting the hang of it
b) nor cracked rubber at the base of each block/ bar

I found a lot of cracking in the front scorpion trail after Eskdale. After a bit of rooting around working out who is actually the pirelli bike tyre distributor and emailing photos they sent me a new tyre.

Williamson

Part of the furniture
... hand over the XT parts to Willo ...

Keep 'em 'til after Goughs Bay, H and I will come over one Satdee or Sundee arvo and pick 'em up.

.... After a bit of rooting around working out who is actually the pirelli bike tyre distributor and emailing photos they sent me a new tyre.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!! The lengths some blokes will go to get a freebee.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Keep 'em 'til after Goughs Bay, H and I will come over one Satdee or Sundee arvo and pick 'em up.

Will do....or drop it off at your place coming Sat/Sun?
(gotta choof around to buy another car on one of the days, anyway)

Top Bottom