2014 Kinglake Husky-Muster

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Making sure the thread can be viewed and linked by anyone, here's a shorty on yesterday's Terra/ Strada meet in Kinglake.

Getting 10 of them into one place is a bit of a record and the Vic/ Melbourne crowd rolled it all into a pearler of a day-ride, too.

Support and "photo-crew" were provided by the AusTourers, mainly Goodie on the KLR and Tim on the Scrambler (before the "moral" support of Doug and Stephen/ Steven?/ Oaters)...thanks for the company, guys! :chug:

Here are a few shots from the day...

HuskyMuster_02.JPG

Help me out guys!!

L-to-R

Matt (Mattwah), Brad (Waltr), ???, Dandydisco, Eivind (ozav8r), Steven/Stephen (oaters, non-Husky), ?grey Textile suit (De Lewis?), ?? blue T-shirt (Geeza), Goodie/KLR from the back)

HuskyMuster_03.JPG

LOTS of stuff to be checked and gawked at.

HuskyMusterGood_01.JPG

HuskyMusterGood_02.JPG

10 in a row, whoohoo!

HuskyMuster_05.JPG

Twowheeler (left) and Doug (non-Husky/ AusTouring).

HuskyMusterGood_04.JPG

Nev leading the pack on Murchison Spur

HuskyMuster_07.JPG

HuskyMuster_08.JPG

Matt right behind

HuskyMuster_09.JPG

Eivind (ozav8r)

HuskyMuster_10.JPG

Twowheeler enjoying the views from the ridge

HuskyMuster_11.JPG

HuskyMuster_12.JPG

Matt??

HuskyMuster_13.JPG

?? (Safari Tanks) and Matt?

HuskyMuster_14.JPG

Matt? or Rockyrider?

HuskyMuster_15.JPG

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Let's boogie (Dandydisco)

HuskyMuster_16.JPG

WTF?

HuskyMuster_17.JPG

Sweet countryside!

HuskyMuster_18.JPG

Also sweet...and giving the Huskies a run for the money:bs

HuskyMuster_19.JPG

EVERYONE enjoyed Upper King Parrot Rd.

HuskyMuster_20.JPG

HuskyMuster_21.JPG

HuskyMuster_22.JPG

HuskyMuster_23.JPG

HuskyMuster_24.JPG

There goes the last one....

HuskyMuster_25.JPG

Or not??

HuskyMuster_26.JPG

HuskyMuster_27.JPG

HuskyMuster_28.JPG

Pre-lunch shots at the Yea Spur

HuskyMuster_29.JPG

A laaate lunch in Yea...

HuskyMuster_30.JPG

About to check out the old Cheviot Railway tunnel

HuskyMusterGood_06.JPG

What a ripper of a day!!

HuskyMuster0xx.JPG

With nearly as many cameras around as what there were Huskies I can't wait to seeing them ALL here!!

Thanks everyone for showing up and making a fantastic day out of it!! :clap::clap::clap:

O

Oaters

glad you all had a great day - I certainly felt the warm welcome - as a Kiwi visiting - hope to join you again soon - as always, great pics Pete - kind regards Oaters aka Stephen:gday:

asphalt

Tassie...where tyres are flat and nights are long
Smells pretty good .....
New bikes new outfit :photo:
Congratulation and have a lot of fun:endu

M

mattwahh

Was a great day out, who would've thought there was so many tr650s out there.
Thanks for organising it Pete, some magnificent roads/views along the route, was looking through some of the pics I took, they don't really compare to the ones up here. Might have to edit some of the video from the helmet camera.
Thanks to everyone for coming.

Matt (rockyrida on cafehusky )

DeLewis.

Just through the door
Great day thanks guys! Great trails which were all new to me. Thanks for getting us all organised Glitch - was probably the largest gathering of TRs on the planet to date outside of the Husky factory ;)

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Ten participants - must have been a few inter-staters.

Would have been a big circle of "friends", almost as a big as at the OzSTOC AGM, and as much lube used.

At least the weather was good, the grins better ........

twowheeler

two wheels are best
Here's my take on the day. Rode over to the Kinglake meet-point with Glitch & Goodie via a circuitous & scenic route :woot:.

I'll try not to repeat too many pics already put up by Pete.

The general gaggle, with some ring-ins -

Got ourselves organised; Terras up one end -

Stradas up the other -

Meanwhile, lurking with intent :whistle: -

Glitch led off in a roughly northeasterly direction, taking interesting roads & tracks.

First stop at Murchison Gap, where I could pick the dust out from my teeth :wink: -

Down the Gap, past Strath Creek, we turned left onto Upper King Parrot Creek Road & its bridge (sorry guys, didn't get everyone & you'll have to help out with handles on some) -

Glitch -

DeLewis I think -

Sir Francis -

Goodie riding Sweep (although now I was :wink: ) -

Alone as Sweep and sans-dust, I stopped for a couple more pics -

Everyone waited patiently for me to catch up ..... more to come .......

Last edited:

twowheeler

two wheels are best
We set off to find the Yea Spur Road, which was great fun, and wound up here :photo: -

Nev ! Turn around !

Who needs ATW gnarly bits & bobs, when chrome & near-bald tyres will do the job :clap: -

After lunch, headed over to Native Dog Road -

then stopped at Cheviot Tunnel -

From here, rode back via Murrindindi with what was left of the crew, who then split up again near Toolangi. I followed Glitch & ozav8r (I think) onto Old Mount Slide Road which took us down to Steels Creek. Great road, very entertaining loose gravel switchbacks through fern gullys :endu .

For once I was OK eating dust, as 3rd out of 3 I could practice novice-level standing up + rear wheel braking + knee steering :cool: with no-one to witness the resulting unconventional cornering lines :eek:. Hey, I was just evening-out the road wear by using parts of it that aren't normally :wink:.

Short stop in Steels Creek where Glitch took that gross mug shot of me :doh:, before splitting to head home via Gruyure.

This Mazda Bongo van has found its true calling - one that doesn't involve going, steering or stopping :shock: -

Back in the cave, I took out the air filter to see how much dust the silicon-sealed Unifilter had collected. Looks like it's done its job -

For interest, I averaged almost bang-on 4litres / 100km for the day.

Thanks all for a great day out :clap: .

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Short stop in Steels Creek where Glitch took that gross mug shot of me :doh:, before splitting to head home via Gruyere.
: .

:clap::clap::clap:

YAYYY!!!
Bewd stuff, mate....thanks for some awesome shots and a bit of a giggle along the lines... :thumbs:

As for that "gross" shot....

I LOVE the shot. :woot:

It could bear a 100 captions...
...and all of 'em good!:bow:

Thanks again for a great day out.

Here it is again...

HuskyMuster0xx.JPG

Top Bottom