Talbotville touring.

ozav8r

Tour Pro
It's not the bike, its the rider.

Absolutely Nev - couldn't agree more! That's why it was a good call not going there with a pillion. Guys like John and I are at greater risk than many, being middle-aged riders getting back into motorcycling after many years away. I love taking my wife as a pillion, but I'm very judicious where I take her. I'm generally not very comfortable with a pillion in the dirt, due to the higher CofG.

John_Johnny

Long Timer
Absolutely Nev - couldn't agree more! That's why it was a good call not going there with a pillion. Guys like John and I are at greater risk than many, being middle-aged riders getting back into motorcycling after many years away. I love taking my wife as a pillion, but I'm very judicious where I take her. I'm generally not very comfortable with a pillion in the dirt, due to the higher CofG.

Once upon a time we were unbreakable eh Ozav8r? Not so these days. Sigh....

dougman1

Part of the furniture
On our way out as we climbed up the hill, both OZAV8R, (Africa Twin) and Myself (XT 660) were overtaken at speed by an overzealous MT 07 rider.

Yes that's right a roady! :woot:

First thing I knew of it was when out of the corner of my eye I got a glimpse of a set of panniers bouncing and crashing as he picked his way through the rocks and wash outs to blast past us. :looney:

I was busy looking at the sheer drop offs when this clown roared past in a defiant fit. :bs

So roady, or trail bike single or pillion, it's surely attitude.

There were many road bikes down there, and I was running in (Please pass) if any one asks! :bt

Williamson

Part of the furniture

Absolutely Nev - couldn't agree more! ....

Not as far as I'm concerned. I'll take the XT600, or similar, in there any day, not so the ST

Actually I'm quite flattered that Ozav8r referred to me as 'middle aged'. :bs

Hey young fella, he was referring to me - I think.

:whistle:

On our way out as we climbed up the hill, both OZAV8R, (Africa Twin) and Myself (XT 660) were overtaken at speed by an overzealous MT 07 rider.

Yes that's right a roady! :woot:

Similar thing happened to Phil and me last year us we were tootling up the hill, a couple of big bore DS bikes roared past us in a cloud of dust and stones. Inconsiderate smart alecs.

I just don't understand 'em. Sure they may be skilled riders, but the combination of the very unpredictable surface, steep drop-offs, potential of an injury, and help and long way off (an ambulance from Bairnsdale probably two hours), just makes that sort of riding far too risky.

Skilled? Yes, and stupid and selfish also come to mind.

nev

Super Térrarist
Not as far as I'm concerned. I'll take the XT600, or similar, in there any day, not so the ST

That's not what I meant. Just because one person can ride an bike down a road doesn't mean that everyone who owns that model bike will be able to do it, just as there are people who are able to ride an R1200GSA or a KTM1290ADV into placed where you couldn't ride your XT.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
I just don't understand 'em. Sure they may be skilled riders, but the combination of the very unpredictable surface, steep drop-offs, potential of an injury, and help and long way off (an ambulance from Bairnsdale probably two hours), just makes that sort of riding far too risky.

Skilled? Yes, and stupid and selfish also come to mind.

They should be BANNED....:bs

Williamson

Part of the furniture
.... just as there are people who are able to ride an R1200GSA or a KTM1290ADV into placed where you couldn't ride your XT.

Mmmmm ......... I probably wouldn't be anymore capable on a big DS BMW or KTM, than the ST. Whereas if I took the CT110 (is that a roadie) in there, I'd be more competent. Getting out, up the hill might be problematic, I don't think the CT has enough oomph for the hill.

Top Bottom