Dam you Gippsland!

CamStrom

Tear along dotted line!
You're just such bloody good fun to ride!!

Ha!
Got some attention I see?

So, the ball and chain is away (far away, UK to be exact!) with our youngest. Lachie safely at school and Oscar has been dumped in Kindy for one of his two days a week.
Took the pushy out for a quick half hour slog around Mornington. Feels good.
Weathers not bad and I have a newly fitted pair of Tourances that are begging, just begging to be scrubbed in.

Now, I have to plan these rides to suit the kiddlets..so..here was my route.
(tried to make a map with google and thought all's good. Until I email to myself and see that the farker has changed my 'draw lines along roads', to the straight line bit. So I'll have to return and do it again. I'll also have a look at embedding the map (a la Glitch) so at least this ride report looks half decent at least)

Start at Lang Lang around 1030
Down the Westernport Rd (C431) and turn right at Mt. Lyall Rd towards Poowong.

Right at Cochranes Rd
Right onto sealed Drouin/Poowang Rd then a quick left onto Timms Rd.
Take right turn onto Main South Rd, then next left to Mountain View/McDonalds Track.
Cross over the C425 onto the glorious Ferndale/Strzelecki Rd.
Works out this road is closed due to landslides in the area. Went for a closer look as sometimes you can get a bike through, but they'd really made it hard for even a bike to get through here. Took some snaps and could see in the distance some major repairs in progress but no one around. Bit risky so headed back to take the longer route. So......
Headed back up the C425 and turned right onto Grand Ridge Rd and picked up McDonalds Track around the top of Mount Worth Nat Pk.
At Allambee (whatever is actually there) took a right onto the Leongartha/Yarragon Rd to Halston. Back onto the Grand Ridge Rd and off for some lunch at Leongartha. From there, headed home on the Hwy.

Great short ride, weather turned out quite nice and managed to get home for 1500. Enough time to sort myself out ready for the kids again.
BTW, am impressed so far with the Tourance tyres. They don't like the mud much :eek: but generally were sure footed and held well on the black stuff. Time will tell.
All in, about 270kms for that little jaunt.
Gonna try some parts of Glitchs' Gippy maps soon and see if they can tie in with the wee fellas schedules!
I was also wearing my new Aldi overtop with the thickened front panel. Very impressed. No cold coming though on some of the cooler areas of the route. I had 2 tee-shirts under it, my leather jacket and an Ishift rain/wind jacket.

Pics to come!!
Cheers,

Cam :thumbs:

Last edited:

Fuzzy Dunlop

Unleash the inner wombat
I went down the Morwell River road a few weeks ago and an embankment had collapsed and blocked the road about half a click into the state forest. Stupidly, I didn't think to take a photo.

Had to take a big detour. I assume its been cleared by now.

You're just such bloody good fun to ride!!

Ha!
Got some attention I see?

So, the ball and chain is away (far away, UK to be exact!) with our youngest. Lachie safely at school and Oscar has been dumped in Kindy for one of his two days a week.
Took the pushy out for a quick half hour slog around Morno. Feels good.
Weathers not bad and I have a newly fitted pair of Tourances that are begging, just begging to be scrubbed in.

Now, I have to plan these rides to suit the kiddlets..so..here was my route.
(tried to make a map with google and thought all's good. Until I email to myself and see that the farker has changed my 'draw lines along roads', to the straight line bit. So I'll have to return and do it again. I'll also have a look at embedding the map (a la Glitch) so at least this ride report looks half decent at least)

Start at Lang Lang around 1030
Down the Westernport Rd (C431) and turn right at Lyall Rd towards Pooyang.
Left at Cochranes Rd
Right onto sealed Drouin/Poowang Rd then a quick left onto Timms Rd.
Take right turn onto Main South Rd, then next left to Mountain View/McDonalds Track.
Cross over the C425 onto the glorious Ferndale/Strzelecki Rd.
Works out this road is closed due to landslides in the area. Went for a closer look as sometimes you can get a bike through, but they'd really made it hard for even a bike to get through here. Took some snaps and could see in the distance some major repairs in progress but no one around. Bit risky so headed back to take the longer route. So......
Headed back up the C425 and turned right onto Grand Ridge Rd and picked up McDonalds Track around the top of Mount Worth Nat Pk.
At Allambee (whatever is actually there) took a right onto the Leongartha/Yarragon Rd to Halston. Back onto the Grand Ridge Rd and off for some lunch at Leongartha. From there, headed home on the Hwy.

Great short ride, weather turned out quite nice and managed to get home for 1500. Enough time to sort myself out ready for the kids again.
BTW, am impressed so far with the Tourance tyres. They don't like the mud much :eek: but generally were sure footed and held well on the black stuff. Time will tell.
All in, about 270kms for that little jaunt.
Gonna try some parts of Glitchs' Gippy maps soon and see if they can tie in with the wee fellas schedules!
I was also wearing my new Aldi overtop with the thickened front panel. Very impressed. No cold coming though on some of the cooler areas of the route. I had 2 tee-shirts under it, my leather jacket and an Ishift rain/wind jacket.

Pics to come!!
Cheers,

Cam :thumbs:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Whoohoo....and it doesn't look too wet and muddy. Guess the winds have been drying out the roads a bit.
Would've been just about the perfect day for it. :clap:

Thanks for the midweek boost :chug:

Top Bottom