[STICKY]My Pic Of The Day

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
High tide?

Big day, 900km round trip, too much for me these days, hope you had someone to share the driving, and a snooze on the way.

Better yesterday than today though.
At the tail-end of the "morning-cool" here....and yeah, there's enough cold beer in the fridge :)

P1090262.JPG

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Managed a short walk for a cappuccino with a view this AM.

1707019967162.jpeg

Not as hot, but humidity is high here at Burleigh Heads. Might just go for a dip in the pool.

1707019719766.png

Arrivederci!

Hytram

<-- now went that way
Found myself on FB page of now and then film locations..

My post after going for a drive with Dim today

(BTW, the Tassie ride was Tassie Gems and the mate was Loz)

Mad Max, 1979. Wee Jerusalem in the film but known in real life as Clunes in Victoria Australia. Pic taken today.

On a side note, On a motorcycle trip over a dozon years ago in Tasmania, a mate and I spoke to a bloke who owned a small gift shop called Le Frog, down the back the was a small wall with Mad Max photos, he said he was the guy that built all those bikes and was in the movie as an extra, and some other stories, like that the Commissioner of the Victorian Police gave all the stunt riders letters of exemption to ride the bikes unregistered on the roads, which they did to and from home. We walked out and although thought he was a great person we also thought 'Yeah, Bull shit!'

Got back home and did some research and everything he said was true, it was Bertrand Cadart, the builder of the gangs custom bikes and he played the part of Clunk in the movie.

As for the letter from the police, there is one of them in a TV/Film museum (ACMI) in Melbourne.

Bertrand Cadart past away in 2020 at the age of 72, not only did he build the bikes in Mad Max, but he was elected Mayor of the Tasmanian town of Bicheno in later life. He was larger than life.

5133_mad max_fraser street_1.jpgPSX_20240205_184755.jpg

Squizzy

Long Timer
Took the beast out today for an Old Boy's lunch with Derek. Bike ran well after it had warmed up, we take for granted warming up now with fuel injection. If I try and ride anywhere within 5 mins it does not like it. Fun to ride afterwards though :)

Feb 16 2024.jpg

Top Bottom