What A Yarcking Cracker

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
The OpenRoaders had called another lunch-ride...and Yarck it was going to be.
Not the pleb's pick of Yea or Alexandra...but blink-and-you-miss-it Yarck.

As always, there's solid reason behind it :thumbs:
It's a perfect crossroads of tar and sealed options and there are cold drinks and food at hand...and some shady trees to park the bikes under...and everything else is a hop, skip (forget the "jump") away.

With a few minutes to spare to make the meet for the "Dusties" at the Warburton Bakery, there's also enough time to pick the twisties through Warburton's backblocks and a quick look at Boinga-Bob's place.
:eek::eek:

Yarck_01.JPG

Yarck_M_02.JPG

Yarck_M_03.JPG

Yarck_M_01.JPG

Yarck_05.JPG

The Husky doing it's usual stuff ...this time piddling greenish coolant all over the carpark of the Bakery.
Bloody Italo-turd!! (yes, we love eachother:bang::bs)

Yarck_M_05.JPG

Just don't look, it'll go away , maybe...

Yarck_M_06.JPG

Now, that the spandex-jockeys have started to invade Warby and the Donna Buang Rd. en mass, the fun starts at the Acheron, this time with surprisingly little dust.
Another little backroad gets us towards Marysville.....

Yarck_06.JPG

Yarck_08.JPG

...and a little later we're off the tar again, trying for some previously unknown tie-in to the usual loop.
Hey, Squizz....ya coulda told us how good this thing is!!:wink::chug:

A little break to enjoy the solitude, a narrow track, lots of up + down and ducking and weaving....

Yarck_10.JPG

...and another check on that leak which has miraculously decided to quit the follies and turn dry W-)W-)

Yarck_M_08.JPG

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Brad enjoying himself...

Yarck_11.JPG

A quick dogleg across the Hwy at Molesworth leads towards Caveat.
Heaven!!

Yarck_12.JPG

Climbing past the vineyards...

Yarck_13.JPG

...into the Highlands.

Yarck_M_09.JPG

Looking down the road...

Yarck_14.JPG

...then turn.

Yarck_15.JPG

Trademark Strathbogies...boulder-clusters everywhere.

Yarck_16.JPG

The views from the comm-towers above Yarck are endless.

Yarck_17.JPG

Yarck_18.JPG

Yarck_20.JPG

....and the gravel on the steep downhiller into town surprisingly grippy.
Love that road!

The roadies have just arrived after nearly bowling us over in the Highlands :wink:

Yarck_21.JPG

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
As always, lunch should last for the rest of the afternoon to tell just a few of the lies that should be told :thumbs::chug: ...so, some good riding has to make up for the loss then.

No worries, got just the ticket.

Yarck_22.JPG

Yarck_24.JPG

Yarck_25.JPG

Yarck_23.JPG

Yarck_27.JPG

It's been a good one!! :drool:

Thanks to Steve and Brad, the laughs and welcomes of the Roadies...thanks to some backtracking on tracks that got rougher and rougher as we went on, thanks to some murky creek crossing, fabulous sights and tracks along the way.

Oh yeah, it's been a GOOD DAY !!!
Catch youse for the next one :woot:

Yarck_26.JPG

As for that bloody Italian?? We're at peace again....just don't mind the yelling and swearing!

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Next to no photos by me today.

20 riders in total - 16 roady / 4 dusty.

8 roadies left Montrose as per usual and were led a merry chase to morning tea at Flying Tarts in Kinglake where we were met by a further 8 roadies.

We joined a pirate parade which thankfully pulled into a pirate convention at the Flowerdale Hotel. Strath Creek and onto Highlands.

Lunch at the recently opened Buck's Country Bakehouse in Yarck.

P1060188-XL.jpg

I reckon this guy is smiling because he knows just how good the food is inside....:glu Either that, or he's seen there is no venison pie on the menu today....:killingme

P1060189-XL.jpg

Duck and Orange.

P1060186-XL.jpg

Pulled pork and blood plum.

P1060187-XL.jpg

The group dispersed after lunch.

P1060183-XL.jpg

P1060184-XL.jpg

Trip distance: 397km for me.

nev

Super Térrarist
The Husky doing it's usual stuff again...this time piddling greenish coolant all over the carpark of the Bakery.
Bloody Italo-turd!! (yes, we love eachother:bang::bs)

To be fair, you shouldn't blame the Italians. You should blame the bloke who's been tinkering with the radiator :p

twowheeler

two wheels are best
Just one pic from me today. I was having way too much of a good time riding, riding, riding. Thanks Tim & Rog. :clap:

Intrigued by all these fab roads south of Yarck that I'd never been on before. How could I have missed them over the years.

Intrigue solved when we arrived at Yarck from the north ... I know I know :stupid: .

Dougie with a sleepy eye (go the celery juice Doug :needashot ).

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
To be fair, you shouldn't blame the Italians. You should blame the bloke who's been tinkering with the radiator :p

:bs:thumbs:
Caught!Sorta....

It still doesn't make sense that the thing starts leaking after 2 rides and various heat/ pressure-cycles after the work was done and all's good....then starts dripping for no reason...then quits again after 20k's of riding.

Top Bottom