The funky "not so cold" maydena

iffracem

The Phat Hairy Bloke
Well, not cold at all really :grin: 17 degrees, not a hint of rain.

Looked to be a no-go as temperatures plummeted to 2 degree's (according to Art's termometer) as the fog rolled in on the way to the start point at New Norfolk, but a quick coffee, Mars Bar and a chat saw the sun burn up the fog and we were off.

Road was relatively traffic free, which is always good. Had the usual Tassie road issues tho, gravel dragged up by tintop steerers not sure where the left wheels are, road kill, cos we've still got so much wildlife left to wander onto the roads, and water seeping from cracks in the bitumen.

But apart from one place where there was a load of "road metal" across the road, exactly the same colour as the road itself, and just happened to be in the shadow of a tree..... and another spot where the water seepage was defying all laws of gravity and seeping out at the TOP of a rise....
Then there was the bit with MOSS growing on the bitumen.. :shock:

But no accidents, no misshaps, just a great day of riding.

I was enjoying myself way too much to stop and take photo's, so my daughter grabbed the camera, took more movies than photo's but here's a couple...

stop.jpg

A roadside stop to do a "headcount", (bikes obscured by Mrs McCarthy's shopping trolley) checkout the scenery

smack.jpg

Smack, just checking the dukes oil by the "sample 'n taste" method

art_tas

Getting the hang of it
Hey you off light there Mr JJ! You are never one to be short of words?? Tell them about the new wheels and how the baby handles!

PS great pic of Smack - did he make it work on time??

PPS the temp hit a balmy 17 on the return - 2-17 in 7 hours of daylight - gotta be Tassie :))

iffracem

The Phat Hairy Bloke
Smack had a reasonably large "window" to get to work, dunno when he actually showed, but he still has a job so must be OK :wink:

I'm saving the bike report to bore you all with an extended "road test" later :twisted:

Gotta head to Devonport on Sunday to drop off some gear to a friend. Well I don't HAVE to, but it's supposed to be 18 and sunny up that way on Sunday so I'm going for a ride anyway :mrgreen: .

Then the last hurrah before winter, a ride on ANZAC day.

Sure you can't find some tyres by then Art? :?

iffracem

The Phat Hairy Bloke
Oh yeah, gotta grab a copy of the photo Mel took of my incredibly suave hat!

show you blokes what style really is :lol: :lol:

art_tas

Getting the hang of it
iffracem said:
Oh yeah, gotta grab a copy of the photo Mel took of my incredibly suave hat!

show you blokes what style really is :lol: :lol:

I will come back to that HAT in a sec. Hoops are in stock but I'm in the queue sad but true I will be a major piker on Anzac day. Have some duties like you taht morning but fingers crossed you get a good run up the coast. DYK there is a show and shine on at Bicheno 2morrow?

Now the HAT. Here are the top 10 explanantions for the HAT

1) Dr Suess got a bad case of the vomits and spewed on a bandicoot which you now wear on top for special events
2) The ladies of the CWA collected all their worst colours of wool and threw it into a tumble drier and Presto! out popped your hat!
3) There is not plausible explanation as to why snot should be multi coloured and wooly
4) If God had wanted a rainbow to be a floppy chiken comb he would have made heaps of them
5) Sheesh look at the bird slop on that head
6) Beware Pelicans over head - look theres proof on that guys head!
7) 1part lizards guts, 4 parts grasshopper guts 6 parts sunflower petals
8) Ok so it's ugly..what's your excuse??
9) My mum knitted it....
10) It' a rotten sporron that's been turned inside out, bleached, coated in yak fat, cooked for 30 days, rolled in flour and sold out the front door of KFC and recyled from the sewer plant as a tea cosy from hell

That is a ..HAT...with style :))

iffracem

The Phat Hairy Bloke
You are in such severe denial that anyone could wear something with more colours than your jacket!

Pffffft! No taste, no style, no... no.... "verve"

verve n.

1. Energy and enthusiasm in the expression of ideas, especially in artistic performance or composition: The revival lacked the verve of the original musical.
2. Vitality; liveliness. See Synonyms at vigor.
3. Archaic. Aptitude; talent.

You call yourself Art!! HA!

:lol: :lol:

art_tas

Getting the hang of it
iffracem said:
You are in such severe denial that anyone could wear something with more colours than your jacket!

Pffffft! No taste, no style, no... no.... "verve"

verve n.

1. Energy and enthusiasm in the expression of ideas, especially in artistic performance or composition: The revival lacked the verve of the original musical.
2. Vitality; liveliness. See Synonyms at vigor.
3. Archaic. Aptitude; talent.

You call yourself Art!! HA!

:lol: :lol:

You nailed me you sod! Truth is I do not have the guts to wear such a crested beret representing the flag s of the world JJ....I just do not have the nerve let alone the verve or the cerve or the swerve or any other adjective that ends in erve...like ...balls. :))

However I takes me hat off to you....it is THE HAT!!
Ps we ought to get all tripod cameras in Tassie fitted up with one of these - they would blend in like camo.....not... :p

OK...now show us the hat!

iffracem

The Phat Hairy Bloke
You dont want the hat..............

.............................you can't handle the HAT!!

Can't get hold of Mel, so took a coupla "self portraits"

Standard disclaimer applies if you're eating, have a weak stomach, or there are young children present. You have been warned! :twisted:

TheHat.jpg

theHat2.jpg

By the gods but I'm a hansome devil :lol: :lol: :lol:

JJ

art_tas

Getting the hang of it
iffracem said:
You dont want the hat..............

.............................you can't handle the HAT!!

Ok I can handle the HAT but what's that ox tail doing sticking out of your head??? Children, aged grannies or anyone with a dicky ticker ought not see that on a moonlit nit ;))

Sheeesh it does not get any easier even the second time around seeing that Fluffy Longitudinial Pappa Guiseppe slab you call a HAT :lol: 8)

Can't get hold of Mel, so took a coupla "self portraits"

Standard disclaimer applies if you're eating, have a weak stomach, or there are young children present. You have been warned! :twisted:

TheHat.jpg

theHat2.jpg

By the gods but I'm a hansome devil :lol: :lol: :lol:

JJ

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Struth !!!
It's true then...Tassie is the generic core of the world's clowns :lol: :lol:
You guys are gold !!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hilarious stuff