Banditrider's Pootles

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member

From Raetihi Neil led us off in the direction of the Paraparas but we turned off onto Oruakukuru Road which quickly went to gravel but offered some great riding and scenery

Oh yeah!! Some sweet memories there!

Bernard_0022.JPG

Would love to try those next time :glu
Fields Track, Whangaehu Valley and Mangamahu Roads South back towards Wanganui

Looks like the afternoon fined up and you got some great riding in, despite a few little bike-problems.
Oh, those front bolts holding the Strom's fairing bracket?
LOCTITE!! Even better, grab some longer bolts to make them stick out (the threads in the casted bracket go all the way through) the other side and pop some Nyloc nuts on. PLUS Loctite!

They will keep coming loose....Ant's had the whole nose of the Strom drop off the headstem, lost one bolt and the other was well on its way.
One of the typical Strom "mishaps".
Eventually happens to bikes ridden on smooth roads as well, it just tends to happen a lot sooner on bikes that see regular potholes and corrugations.

Thanks for another 'good 'un". :chug:

banditrider

Long Timer
Yeah, mint riding all through there.

I have some thread locker here so will be getting on to those bolts at some stage...

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Saturday's ride:

Keeping it a little closer to home at the moment?
Hope it was only the GoPro going arse-up in that 2.last shot on the blog....and not a 300kg Kwak :eek:

Martinborough....another one to put on the list!
Thanks for the heads up and pointers....sounds like you guys had a bit of rain lately, too.

nev

Super Térrarist
Good report there Banditrider. I remember the Old Hill Road. I was intending to take Route 52 north through that area to Napier on our trip in March this year, but my GPS took me over the old hill road. Some really spectacular views and a lovely little detour off the main road.

Top Bottom