Paul and Dixies Eskdale-ent adventure-10 days,many K's

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
Re: Paul and Dixies Esdale-ent Adventure Day 2 Quirindi to Bathurst

There is some nice riding on the New England Highway :)
[/URL]

These ranges attracted me (and I know where they go)
[/URL]

[/URL]

we LOVE Cressfield Road
[/URL]

A little water to cool the tyres ;)
[/URL]

A bit further on..SOO Close!! to my backroad adventure”!
[/URL]

40 cm water is just a little too deep for this “Adventure rider” newbie :)

No worries,I retreat to the highway but am rewarded with this :) on the return trip :)
[/URL]

A breakfast snag roll and chocky milk at Muswellbrook
and the Strom attracted a Beemer rider. I attempted to exchange pleasantries but was somewhat ignored. Maybe he was overwhelmed by the sheer “common sense” of the Strom.
Typically outfitted in the BMW riding suit, bike spotless and no luggage to be seen, it was observed the (condescending) “Gent” partook of a skim latte' The chaps name BTW was Fuk Yu ;)
P1040371_zpsalu6duk4.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:

nev

Super Térrarist
Re: Paul and Dixies Eskdale-ent Adventure (Day 1) Alstonville to Quirindi

So that's what Quirindi looks like. Almost every time I've ever been through there I've cut across from Werris Creek to Caroona and the only time I came up the Kamilaroi Hwy I turned off before Quirindi and headed up through Wallabadah and Goonoo Goonoo.

nev

Super Térrarist
Re: Paul and Dixies Esdale-ent Adventure Day 2 Quirindi to Bathurst

LOL Luggage snobbery.

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
Wybong Road :) this will take me across to the Golden Hwy and “The Bylong Valley Way”
A MUST for motorcyclists I,ve heard ;)

Nice long hills and dales but the earthen mound along the roadside and the mesh security fence hinted that there was something going on..
P1040378_zpsveju8kua.jpg

I stopped the bike and had to stand on the footpegs and use LOTS of zoom to capture this train of trucks trundling down into the massive mine.To be fair the mine activities are fairly discrete in the sense that they are obstructed from view, many hills around have been man made from the overburden but are not unnatractive.
P1040376_zpsyqaqptaw.jpg

Just to remind me where I've been! (Denman way) I turned around to take the picture.
P1040379_zpsmsl9cyox.jpg

Nice land around here.
P1040381_zpspowzxhon.jpg

On The Bylong Way now :)

I dont know why I took a picture of this bridge..
P1040382_zpsjoimw0pi.jpg

Last edited:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
North again from Muswellbrook?
Hope, you found Kayuga and the Castle Rock Rd. (the backroad that actually passes underneath "The Rock") , then Wybong Rd. into Sandy Hollow....next stop Bylong Vly ?

Castle Rock Rd. is sweet...and a few k's of dirt where it looks like a private driveway , peetering out....just to start again as a single-lane tar-road after the next bend. :D

Edit: posting past eachother at the moment :thumbs:
Just saw the pic of Kayuga/Wybong....no Castle Rock then.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
..... many hills around have been man made from the overburden but are not unnatractive.

....if you'd only ever seen the Upper Hunter from about 15 years ago, it'd bring tears to your eyes, mate.
This used to be a gently undulating, wide valley floor full of good stands of gums and deciduous trees, clusters of poplars, farms and corn-fields amongst vineyards stretching to the horizon.
Hope they'll never get to rape the Bylong as savagely as that...:( but the brandnew railway line is already there and extraction rights/ property acquisitions for coal-seam gas and fracking hotly fought over.

Top Bottom