Nev & Jo NZ2018 South Island

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Day 16 Motueka to Greymouth
Leaving Moteuka we headed down the Motueka Valley, towards Kohatu.
As roads went on this trip, today was probably the best collection of roads of all. The roads we rode were magical, the scenery stunning.

:clap::clap:

What an awesome part of the world!

If there's a "next-time", take the Tadmoor Valley Rd. (about 1/2 scenic gravel, the other half single-laner through farm-country)
https://goo.gl/V3qrHC

Or stitch the Wai-iti Rd. and Inwood-lookout into your route, it's about 17km gravel in total (return)....but the views....OMG!! :glu
Don't mind the warning signs on the bottom, we've done this with a 2.8ton camper.:doh:

https://goo.gl/9ZPJRK

3960080471_ddcfa9c3e5_b.jpg

Oh yeah, keep going!!

nev

Super Térrarist
I always wondered what those things were and would taste like...seen the signs along the roadside but never had one through all those NZ trips of the past.
I'll make sure that things will change in March.

I think you might be out of luck. The whitebait fishing season only runs from Sept till Nov.

nev

Super Térrarist
Day 17 Greymouth to Christchurch

IT’s the last day of our ride. The home stretch to Christchurch. Out of Greymouth and south this morning and then heading towards Arthurs Pass. Stop at the Otira Stagecoach hotel for morning tea. This place is fantastic. Full of old nick knacks and odds and ends. So much stuff to see. Even a (scaled down) penny farthing out the front which customers are welcome to ride.

IMG_1429.JPG

IMG_1433.JPG

IMG_1434.JPG

IMG_1435.JPG

IMG_1436.JPG

IMG_1448.JPG

IMG_1450.JPG

The road heads towards the clouds.

IMG_1453.JPG

IMG_1458.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

Lunch at Oxford and a bit of a loop to run up some more km on the bikes before we hand them back to the rental company.

Total km for the trip, a tad under 4000,

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Nice pics Nev.

I hope Helen and I get back to the South Island and visit some of those pubs ...... before they burn down.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Nice pics Nev.

I hope Helen and I get back to the South Island and visit some of those pubs ...... before they burn down.

Better hurry then, aye? :D
Once Nev's done with 'em....:whistle:

Without being nosey....what made you re-visit the SI once again? (3. time now?)
I mean, you guys have been riding a lot of foreign places in the past, so there must be something there that keeps making you go back.

nev

Super Térrarist
Without being nosey....what made you re-visit the SI once again? (3 time now?)
I mean, you guys have been riding a lot of foreign places in the past, so there must be something there that keeps making you go back.

Mate, you've been married long enough to know to just do what you're told.:bees:

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Mate, you've been married long enough to know to just do what you're told.:bees:

Give it a few (?) more years Nev. When you get to 42 years married, you know what you're told, you just know that you don't have to do it.

Mmmm ..... I don't think Helen reads AusTouring, and I'm sure that no one is gunna tell her.

Top Bottom