[STICKY]My Pic Of The Day

Zuckerbaron

Tour Pro
Monkey-ing on Goodie's Honda Dax in the dunes of the French Channel Coast, '76
Wow, that is possible with a Dax? :unsure: And as far as I can see it has only the German "Versicherungskennzeichen" means no power at all!
Is it Arcachon or really channel coast?

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Not a Tiger Moth so to speak, but yes a biplane

A Stearman (Boeing) Model 75, it was in amazing condition.

Friends shouted me a flight for my 50th, it only took me close to 2 years to take it. It was magic.
[/URL]

Glad you got around to it in the end....that thing looks awesome.
Where are they operating from?

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Wow, that is possible with a Dax? :unsure: And as far as I can see it has only the German "Versicherungskennzeichen" means no power at all!
Is it Arcachon or really channel coast?

You've got a keen eye.
It sure is the 40kmh limited/ insurance-plated version. As I had an 'open" version before I knew what to do to beef the 2.1hp up to 3.6 :)
Mine ended up an 85cc aftermarket job that threw a crankshaft bearing as a result ;)
Still, 37.000ks of having the beejeezas flogged out of it, road, dirt, 10hrs of full revs on the Autobahn to Garmisch in Bavaria, the tiny thing had a hard life.

Any version with the auto-clutch can be wheelieed, just pop it into 1. and keep the lever down to disengage the auto-clutch....then rev to the sky and let the lever snap.
Even 2.1hp are enough to flip it. :doh::)

Squizzy

Long Timer
Nice day for a ride. Rose Cafe in Kilmore for lunch.

IMG_20240131_125045_592.jpg

The place was quite busy for a Wednesday, the lady in front of us ordered most of the menu, we just stuck to a toasted sanger and coffee.

IMG_20240131_122608_004.jpg

Came back through Broadford and Strath Creek, found a couple of caches at Murchison Gap.

IMG_20240131_133056_345.jpg

Flip front is well received.

IMG_20240131_133244_696.jpg

Top Bottom