Banditrider's Pootles

banditrider

Long Timer
Short little ride today:
https://banditrider.blogspot.com/2020/05/ice-ride.html

ACtC-3fkrXyf-XqGaJMgGGj04GbRJrDjsWrb7quTwd1qDMBdGqj_5F9qpaVCw2CpuWar68tgJfxJfH8LWb7VRJKthM_gFO7Oa-CqJVkTLLt7ffgXdsYcKKPqhPyu3WN-K_7juD0j2g9VyAqQRqxko1xT0erSsQ=w1090-h614-no

ACtC-3cQgc_8BDhXBQsafhwt6BT7-G-8o0TB1byGeUuSBLu3n1xIu9DIqhyWPId6e1K5OOwldkGHxaJe1JAEz6t8zL2hrhQsNOC50Y4tab4mAZF0pgQ8nHH-n_u2emtEKalhVOf2danxvSeixLSCeJ3SSCB3Eg=w346-h614-no

ACtC-3fYUkdfmtbkmDNg6ebQ9QdYpDSbdTTsbXCpyqat3PtUfjdrzPAg8XL0gpYd4yDOCJiNfgDCK9yFnweOVzJA0QY4iYnAqIAcXsiVdPEx0XrpGzd0bIhp4NlZjSSlf8Np9OjBomjZk1fhuyUxxZemroo5jA=w1090-h614-no

banditrider

Long Timer
I wasn't keen on Puketoi at all. Did it one winter on the V-Strom and it was an absolute mess. At less 3 of our group went down and needed help getting out of drains etc.

Not sure how I stayed up as my rubber was nowhere near as aggressive as even an E-07...

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
No surprise there...easy to see even through a summer-dry where this thing is gonna try to bite you on the arse when things get soggy.

Really loved it for the "being far, far away" feel...certainly one of the real "specials" of the whole area.
Gotta come back for that Makairo Rd. eastern end that Gerard mentioned on ADV, I saw the Coonoor Rd. end of it and the "no exit" tag...which should have made me suspicious :D

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Looks like a great loop.
Must admit that I rather prefer Oruakukuru Road the other way, there's nothing like it when you come out of that shallow valley and there's Mt. Ruapehu crowning the views.

NZ_Nov12_0137.JPG

Thanks for the posts (they keep the fires burning :)

Bernard_0022.JPG

Top Bottom