Breakout

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
428 new CV cases in MEL today...
stage 4 restriction not far away...
cold but mostly clear + sunny tomorrow....
last chance for a little local tootle within the lockdown area before...
.... strapping on the hiking boots again?

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Have fun ADVing around Bayswater.:D

:bs

Yeah....hmmm! :doh:
The Woolies and Bunnings carparks were full by 10.... had to dig for some alternatives.
:chug:

Lockdown_2_001.JPG

Lockdown_2_002.JPG

Lockdown_2_003.JPG

Lockdown_2_004.JPG

Lockdown_2_005.JPG

Quick overview of the current Australian CoVid -Central...

Lockdown_2_006.JPG

...before getting busy again trying to stay within the boundaries.

Lockdown_2_007.JPG

Lockdown_2_008.JPG

Lockdown_2_009.JPG

Lockdown_2_010.JPG

Had the roads to my very, very self.... lots of folks busy in the gardens, fields and paddocks, many waving as I went past.
Maybe CoVid isn't ALL bad?

The perfect day to go mental out there, no cops in sight.
I maybe hit the 75kmh ...once.

It just felt wrong to let loose when the world around is stuck in 2. gear.

Had some nice chats with some locals along the way instead...that felt like the right thing to do.

Lots of supersmooth and supergrippy no-dust gravel, even the usual winter-slop 'n slide up Panton's Gap was in prime nick, sheesh!
Gladysdale Bakehouse is open again (was?? open again, today = stage3) Takeaways only, but the bacon+egg bagel was as juicy as when they introduced it, many years ago!. :drool:

It’s good to see the Bakehouse has stayed open. They were closed during the last lockdown and reopened when the 20 in a restaurant came in. They have gone all fancy and cafe like and added cutains on the deck to keep the tourists warm when they can sit down again.
Sassafras, Olinda, Mt Dandenong and Sherbrooke were all dead today. The busiest place was the bottle shop in Olinda who were not enforcing their 6 people limit.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Looks like they've been closed in between, had "re-open" signs out on the road.

Olinda bottleshop most probably had the best turnover in months then, flogging whatever stock they had before it's "curtains-down" again.

Lockdown_2_015.JPG

Short Rd., Macclesfield...
short & sweet :)

Lockdown_2_012.JPG

Lockdown_2_011.JPG

Lockdown_2_013.JPG

Somewhere along Cherry Rd., Macclesfield

Lockdown_2_014.JPG

Lockdown_2_016.JPG

Spud harvest, Gembrook backblocks

Lockdown_2_017.JPG

Lockdown_2_018.JPG

Lockdown_2_019.JPG

A friendly word from the farmer got me to push the Husky out of the way... I was blocking the access track.

Lockdown_2_020.JPG

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
We knew that years...

New road sign, the old one had the red bar "No Through Road" on it.

Lockdown_2_021.JPG

Stopped to chat with one of the residents who still insisted that the top-end is a private road.
Hmmm....

Private or not, it's a little gem in any case.

Lockdown_2_022.JPG

Lockdown_2_023.JPG

Some more of the residents (who couldn't give a methane cloud I bet)

Lockdown_2_024.JPG

Somewhere above Gladysdale

Lockdown_2_025.JPG

Lockdown_2_026.JPG

Amazing what one finds in the bush....

Lockdown_2_027.JPG

Grey skies and a sharp, cold wind.... time to go home....

Lockdown_2_029.JPG

Lockdown_2_028.JPG

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
I have noticed a couple of those recently. Charters Road near Wandin East appears to have lost its No Through Road status as well.

Someone also cleaned up Aitken Rd. a good bit.
The base was still twin-track but the bushes up top had nearly fused, brushing the dead bugs off the jackets/ helmets :)

Still no signs, and the bottom corner is still pretty soft and rough with mud + dead branches/ foliage debris, but I even got the Mitsi through a few weeks ago.
Five Oaks Wines were closed and looked somewhat "abandoned", usually it's a trim and neat place all year around....who knows.

Went down Tschampions from the CFA and was looking for Kennedys Rd., but turned up Cherry Rd. instead. Couldn't remember ever having been there (most likely age setting in), some sweet views to be had from the southern end where it comes off Macclesfield Rd.

Amphlett Ave was totally chopped by the spud -tractors, had the Husky crabbing up the steep bit to the Mountain Rd. ridge with big chunks of red dirt flying everywhere.
Once the tyres were clogged there was no backing out... or even getting off the bloody thing :doh: :whistle:

Nice little lap with a bit of everything :)

Top Bottom