[STICKY]My Pic Of The Day

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
The vehicles of the Nurburgring...
There is a chance that the Kombi did a faster lap than the 911

:doh:
Yeah, that's the way over there...

Got caught halfway between Berlin and the Baltic Shores when dawdling along the Autobahn at a cozy 148kmh (as per cruise-control setting) when a truck came in sight on the slow lane requiring a little hurry up...

BalticWander_001.JPG

Lights flashing in the mirrors of an incoming missile in the fast lane while I took the shot just passing the truck... yup, a Kombi at full song flashing past like I was standing still.:eek:

Tried to hook up for about 30 seconds when the Seat SUV (Spanish VW) Diesel
ran out of puff at an indicated 228kmh/ 218 on the GPS.
The Kombi just vanished in the distance...those things are just insane.

As an aside...that Seat/ VW Diesel came with twin-fillers under the "tank-flap"....91octane in one, cows' piss in the other!! NO SHIT! :)
https://www.whichcar.com.au/car-advice/what-is-adblue-diesel-exhaust-fluid
https://www.rix.co.uk/blog/2018/12/adblue-what-diesel-vehicle-owners-need-to-know/

Jeezaz, what's the world coming to?
A 1.6tonne SUV topping 220kmh on bovine urine!! Maccas forever to keep making beef patties so we have enough cows to produce sufficient urine to make Diesels fly!!:doh::bs

nev

Super Térrarist
Tuesday was a marvellous day. not too hot, but sunny and clear. I headed out around Sugarloaf res, up and over mt slide from Steels Creek, then into the Toolangi forest and along Marginal Rd, until I got to some roadworks and a road closed sign, then backtracked and hit Two Hills Rd, back through Glenburn and up Captains Creek Rd to Kinglake then down the hill to Strathewen and home.

at the top of Captains Creek Rd.

CaptainsCreekRd.jpg

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
Tuesday was a marvellous day. not too hot, but sunny and clear. I headed out around Sugarloaf res, up and over mt slide from Steels Creek, then into the Toolangi forest and along Marginal Rd, until I got to some roadworks and a road closed sign, then backtracked and hit Two Hills Rd, back through Glenburn and up Captains Creek Rd to Kinglake then down the hill to Strathewen and home.

at the top of Captains Creek Rd.

CaptainsCreekRd.jpg

Looks like a nice day out. We hit about 36 degrees at work yesterday, with a good strong breeze. As I drove home, the temp dropped about 10 degrees as I left the valley. Left the bike at home and rode it to work today

Top Bottom