[STICKY]My Pic Of The Day

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
4f689da157ae732c80022220ee0d0dbb.jpg

Calling Pete/ozav8r, is this the same road we attempted up near MT Blowhard? /Omeo? the day the road was muddy enroute to Eskdale?:???:
This crest looks exactly like the one we bailed on...the next bit was very steep! good call to bail that day ;)

EXCELLENT picture :clap:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Calling Pete/ozav8r, is this the same road we attempted up near MT Blowhard? /Omeo? the day the road was muddy enroute to Eskdale?:???:
This crest looks exactly like the one we bailed on...the next bit was very steep! good call to bail that day ;)

EXCELLENT picture :clap:

Yo...Parish Boundary Rd. from the Hinnomunjie end.
What a great shot....that light and the slight fuzziness really create a mood.
:clap:

Here's a shot from that day....and it could be exactly the same spot!
(trying to count the kinks of the track across the hilltops)

AnniEsk_23.JPG

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
Yep, same spot ;)
1 crest before the hill with the treeline ;)
I recognise the verge on the LH side as we all had to mount it a little further down after turning the bikes so they could be ridden across the paddock..
(thanks again for taking command of the bigpig;) )
Boy there were some slippery trails that day!

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Looks like Marty was a little further down the track...and yeah, it was like a bloody ice rink that day... never mind the slush-fest at Bruthen South that morning :doh:
Lucky, nobody landed on their arse that day...

Hytram

<-- now went that way
Looks like Marty was a little further down the track...and yeah, it was like a bloody ice rink that day... never mind the slush-fest at Bruthen South that morning :doh:
Lucky, nobody landed on their arse that day...

I was wondering what you guys where on about when riding it, it was steep and rutted in parts but not that hard and in the middle of winter is wasn't slippery....

then it clicked, it pissed down that day and the roads up that turn to greasy muck pretty quickly..

1700km over the WE and hardly any mud on my bike, its very dry up there ATM

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Yo, 'twas one of those days where you turn into a smooth, virgin-looking, dark-red bushroad and 50m later you've got the feet down, bike sideways, a pile of red mud pushed up by the frontend ...look behind you and see your own 1"-2" deep tyre-track slowly filling with water...
You don't really wanna get off the seat as there's a fair chance you'll land on yer bum...but can't start to move the bike as THAT is going to keel over the second you try to ride it out of there.W-):bs

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Marty playing with Nev's busted Buell drive-belt....somewhere out the back of Tolmie.

_MG_0106.JPG

Read-the-manual-time :bs

_MG_0117.JPG

....and it all ended with a (Hungarian/ Italian?) monster-feast at the Gentle Annie CP on the banks of the King River in Whitfield

BnR2_d1_002.JPG

Top Bottom