[STICKY]My Pic Of The Day

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Nine ST's at today's OzSTOC lunch.

Couldn't get 'em all in the ic. A couple of BMW's, a triumph and a Moto Guzzi, somewhere in there.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Steve got a flat tyre on the white Strom and rode 2 up into Warburton basically on the rear rim.

He did that a few times...

I think that was the one where we took everybody through that mud puddle on Ure Road.

Wasn't that a Stormpooper ride?....Still got that vision of a dozen Stroms scrambling all over that 5 acre scattered bush -downhill section of a "vanished" Ure Rd. (just south of the Shepherds Creek Rd. junction).
Then onto Soldiers Rd. and 7acre Rocks and Learmonth Ck. Rd towards Powelltown before the Mt. Bride bit....
should do that ride again one day (omitting the now closed Ure Rd.).

But you did another one via Blacksands and Portas Rd.....sometime through winter and it was SCHLIPPERY as hell! 2 guys down on Portas....and that was an ADVrider-posted affair as well.
:thumbs:

Wasn't that a Stormpooper ride?....Still got that vision of a dozen Stroms scrambling all over that 5 acre scattered bush -downhill section of a "vanished" Ure Rd. (just south of the Shepherds Creek Rd. junction).

One of my better ones if I do say so myself. :gday:
The strange part is that people kept coming back for more even after than one.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
One of my better ones if I do say so myself. :gday:
The strange part is that people kept coming back for more even after than one.

...and some still wanna belt the stuffing outta ya :bs

Never got around to ride that part of Shepherds Creek Rd. again before they locked it away... what a shame.
Reckon it was the best part of it, dropping down those gravel-hairpins through the scattered bush into that dense fern-gully at the bridge.

29 April 2007
The day I actually met Goodie, Pete and Marty. Wonder what happened to that group they rode with? Aus something or other. :)

478216139_2b8377fded_c.jpg

478199396_e030af9b74_c.jpg

478217389_b37a6ea1fb_h.jpg

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
29 April 2007
Wonder what happened to that group they rode with? Aus something or other. :)

Lost to the all-eroding "social progress" world-of-apps methinks W-)

And on that score...a blast from the past...got an email from Yahoo-groups the other day, announcing their major re-design of the "Groups"-platform.
Had totally forgotten about them.
It was sort of something like the old Newsgroups-on-http thing, with 1000's of interest groups around the globe. The Flintstones of FaceBook...

They hosted the first ever Strom-owners group in late 2001 which grew to over 4000 members.
Met Jimbo there (then still living on Hawaii before moving to Oregon)...and quite a few of the later founders and tech-heads of VSRI (like John in Reno and that brilliant Kraut automotive engineer who worked for the Schnitzer-BMW TouringCar race-team when not fiddling with Stroms...forgot his screen-name).

Yo...."video kills the radio-star" seems like the fitting tune here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwuy4hHO3YQ

Look at the "nekkid" Yea main drag...
Was Nev along, too? On a recce, maybe :bs The pub the bikes are parked in front, burned out sometime, IIRC.

Top Bottom