[STICKY]My Pic Of The Day

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Passo Giau, Dolomites, Italy...Karel gassing the GS12 up to the saddle after 2 days of Cold Front blanketing the area with some late-September snow.

Compared to riding a Caponord near Lake Mountain in winter. :)
I think I know which road I would rather be on.

27893084613_e204e9ba2b_b.jpg

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Compared to riding a Caponord near Lake Mountain in winter. :)
I think I know which road I would rather be on.

Hmmm, hard choice.:???:

NOT!

...and on ANY bike!

Because....to get to the Passo Giau, one has to ride the Passo di Falzarego, and to get to that one, there is the Passo Fedaia, which has to be accessed via the Passo Pordoi......and cruising down the other side of the Passo Giau one is forced to choose between the Colle di Santa Lucia or the Passo Staulanza.
Then pick another 6-pack of Cols after lunch....it's agony, those Dolomites are a pain in the ar%e :party:

MassiveRemarkableChital-size_restricted.gif

Squizzy

Long Timer
Went for a wander along the Reefton last Sunday. Still looks a bit barren.

20190630_141719-L.jpg

A little bit of regrowth.

20190630_141642-L.jpg

Had a look in the fire refuge at the watertank, not much there, just dripping water in a small concrete room. It felt like a set from a creepy movie. Did not stay long!

20190630_143002-L.jpg

They still wanted silly money to go up Lake Mountain ($18.50), even late in the afternoon. And probably too much snow for that vehicle anyway (yeah right).

Lots of branches and litter on the road, so take care out there.

I'm happy to admit the bikes stayed under cover for the weekend. I had enough of 2C on the bike coming over the hill from Whitfield to Mansfield a couple of weekends ago.

48279404996_cb9b8905e4_b.jpg

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
A little spring in the middle of winter.
Cracker-Day up in the hills today

Top Bottom