3215262114_6faf0a183e_b.jpg

3209542900_0bae32f36d_b.jpg

3208707721_449208e53b_b.jpg

3210794134_6d36d58920_b.jpg

3215276054_931b97a19e_b.jpg
[/url]

Williamson

Part of the furniture
My first AusTouring ride, Australia Day long weekend 2010, to Bruthen for one night then Khancoban for two (Martin & I), three nights for others.

Group pic of roadies at Omeo.

L to R:
CBee (red jacket / red SV650), Red bike (rider/make??), Red DL1000 (Mikey?), Haysey (red T-shirt / blue SV650), The Mighty CB1300 - ahhh, Gold GSXR (Tim?), Moike (blue jacket/blue BM), Martin (black jacke/blue T-shirt/ white (brand new DL650), Tim, white DL650 (rider??).

Someone will be along soon to correct and fill-in the gaps.

Cheers ...........

Williamson

Part of the furniture
My first AusTouring ride, Australia Day long weekend 2010, to Bruthen ...........

Group pic at Bruthen:

Don't remember Nev being on this ride, he must've visited Bruthen after this pic, or else there is another explanation for Tambo Tucker being burnt to the ground.

Stewey (Adam?) missing from these pics, he headed to Bairnsdale to get a new tyre fitted to his SV1000 (?), which he did, but I think he wore it out by Mount Beauty.

Williamson

Part of the furniture
The last white 'strom at Omeo is mine.

I don't recall Linda and you being at Bruthen or Omeo, only recall you guys rolling up at Khancoban, as wet as a shags after you taking a dip, fully clothed because it was hot, very hot that weekend.

.... CBee (red jacket / red SV650) ....

.... I also can't place that red sporty, wasn't that Linda's bike?

That's was I said.

What happened to Mikey? I recall the road rage incident that left him in hospital and they found the tumour. I always had the feeling that he was a temporary Australian.

Remember he rolled up late at Bruthen, he felt weak when riding through Narre Warren and stopped at an ER, they told him he was dehydrated (the Friday was very, very, very hot - the ambient temp gauge in the CB was displaying 44C), anyway they put him on a drip, re-hydrated him, he feels good and continues to Bruthen.

Next day whilst lunching at Tallangatta he tells some hard-core Harley types all that's wrong with their Harleys (we walked away, dis-owned him).

And then there was the chain smoking.

The roadies that day were Moike (leader), Tim (GSXR), Haysey, Linda (CBee), Martin, Stewy (as far as Mount Beauty), Mikey and me. I may have forgotten someone (perhaps Steve and his Linda - but I thought they went a different route).

Moike lead us on some mighty roads - Yabba Road was the stand out, never miss an opportunity to ride that again.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
I don't recall Linda and you being at Bruthen or Omeo, only recall you guys rolling up at Khancoban, as wet as a shags after you taking a dip, fully clothed because it was hot, very hot that weekend.

That's was I said.

What happened to Mikey? I recall the road rage incident that left him in hospital and they found the tumour. I always had the feeling that he was a temporary Australian.

Remember he rolled up late at Bruthen, he felt weak when riding through Narre Warren and stopped at an ER, they told him he was dehydrated (the Friday was very, very, very hot - the ambient temp gauge in the CB was displaying 44C), anyway they put him on a drip, re-hydrated him, he feels good and continues to Bruthen.

Next day whilst lunching at Tallangatta he tells some hard-core Harley types all that's wrong with their Harleys (we walked away, dis-owned him).

And then there was the chain smoking.

The roadies that day were Moike (leader), Tim (GSXR), Haysey, Linda (CBee), Martin, Stewy (as far as Mount Beauty), Mikey and me. I may have forgotten someone (perhaps Steve and his Linda - but I thought they went a different route).

Moike lead us on some mighty roads - Yabba Road was the stand out, never miss an opportunity to ride that again.

Wasn't it Linda who had one of those turntable jigs in her tiny frontyard to turn the bike around?

No idea what happened to Mikey....he had that roadrage incident where some bozo ran him down (which also was yet another write-off for the WTF1, it's THIRD!!).
Came away with all sorts of injuries and one of the scans discovered a pre-existing brain/ spinal tumour which would have killed him within a few months.
So, in the end he owed his life to the bozo in the Holden Ute who ran him down.

I think he gave the bikes away for a while, then bought a BMW tourer, some RT or LT.

Top Bottom